- Website should have clear hierarchical link structure and every page should be reachable from at least one static text link.
- Keep the links on a particular page to a reasonable number (less than 100).
- Website should have a sitemap that point important parts of site. If sitemap have more than 100 links break it into separate pages.
- Always make folder and file names meaningful.
- Always use hyphens as word separator while making the internal URL of a website.
- Website should not have canonical domain issue.
- Try to keep internal linking consistent. For example, don't link to http://www.example.com/page/ and http://www.example.com/page and http://www.example.com/page/index.htm.
- If site contains dynamic pages try to keep the parameters short and the number of them few.
- Always use proper anchor text while linking the pages.
- Avoid hidden text or hidden links on site.
- Use a meaningful descriptive ALT tags on every images.
- Website should have original quality and theme related contents. Use the targeted keywords in content and also check about Keyword density, proximity, prominence, stemming.
- Check for broken links and correct them.
- Don’t create pages having duplicate contents.
- Use appropriate header tags on a page and try to take main targeted keyword in H1.
- Always try to use External CSS.
- Avoid using java script on a page try to define it in a separate file and call from there.
- Verify the website in Google, Yahoo and Bing. Set preferred domain and if required set the geographical location.
- Prepare the XML, txt sitemaps and submit in search engines.
- All the pages of site should have unique Title and Meta Ttags including the targeted keyword of that page.
- Frames are very, very bad for SEO. Avoid using them unless really necessary
Sunday, January 10, 2010
I have faces many challenges while optimization websites on different themes. So as per my experience in the SEO industry I am writing 21 SEO tips for better search engine optimization. These useful search engine optimization tips are:-